31 Temmuz 2009 Cuma

R.I.P


Jose Mourinho : "It is difficult to accept such a person is no longer with us. But he is immortal because he leaves in everybody who knows him a mark of his personality. He was a great coach but, more than that, a great person."

Alex Ferguson : "I was never too big or proud to ask him for advice, which he gave freely and unconditionally.I'm sure I am speaking for a lot of people when I say that.In my 23 years working in England there is not a person I would put an inch above Bobby Robson. I mourn the passing of a great friend.The world, not just the football world, will miss him. ''

Paul Gascoigne : '' Sir Bobby is a legend over the world. He was the one who gave me my first run-out for my country."

Ray Clemence : "It's a sad day for football and football people.He had such honesty and enthusiasm for the game as a player and manager. Even right up to the very end, when he spoke about football the enthusiasm still shone through. He loved and cared about the game.Since Sir Alf Ramsey, England have never been as close to winning the World Cup as we were with Bobby.''

Don Howe : "He was a man of standards. Whatever he talked about or did, he had high standards to do the best he could possibly do and he lived his life that way."

Trevor Steven : "Bobby was a very important man to me in my career, he gave me my first England cap. He was a 100 per cent football man, very enthususiastic. It is that enthusiasm that I will remember him best for, that was his most appealing trait. ''

Steve McClaren : "I had a cup of tea with him a couple of months ago in his home. He was fighting as he always did but you could tell time was passing. The passion was still there, it was unbelievable. His mind was still so sharp, so enthusiastic, even at that age and even though he had an illness. To be so successful but to be so loved by everybody throughout his career — that's special and says something. The game will be worse for Bobby leaving us."

Hiç yorum yok: